Monday, October 5, 2009

RAISED MEATBALLS


It is sooo cold outside so it's time for cozy comfort food! I enjoy making a good meal on a low budget. Of course, a good meal consists of meat and potatoes, and of course a veggie, at my house! So tonight I decided to make the good ole' *Raised Meatballs*... They are tasty and fit right into my budget with mashed potatoes and corn. This costs approximately $7.00 for the whole meal.

*Prepare to get your hands dirty!* :-)

First take 1 lb of thawed hamburger and break it up in a large mixing bowl... Tear apart 3 slices of bread into small pieces and add to hamburger. Then add 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper. You can also add minced onions if you would like.

Mix all of this well together and form into balls. I like to use a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop so that I have meatballs that are all the same size. I like to know that all of them will cook evenly! Place your meatballs in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.

In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup milk. Mix well and pour over the meatballs.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.

Remove the meatballs and place in a serving bowl and take the sauce and use it as your gravy for your mashed potatoes.


This should make approximately 6-8 meatballs and should serve 4 people.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking

*Teauna*

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Teauna, I'm gonna try it TONIGHT!!! Already have the hamburger out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these for dinner tonight and they were great!! My 20 month old even ate his dinner good,which doesn't happen often. I think I'll double the gravy recipe next time so I have more leftover. My husband is going to love his lunch for work tomorrow!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed them! My husband works away from home and I send these often for him. When I make them at home, I just make a double batch then I freeze meals in aluminum containers, then he can take them and heat them up when he's working. These freeze really well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo