Sunday, February 20, 2011

Menu Board Monday Edition #3- Hawaiian Chicken


Can I just tell you how DAMN good this is?  Yes! It is totally worth the naughty word! This dish really isn't that time-consuming and you have a nice colorful & delicious meal on the table.  I have to tell you that my picky nearly-twelve-year-old went back for THIRDS! Yes, i said THIRDS! Crazy huh?  It is THAT good!  The chicken is so tender and of course, the minute rice saves you oodles of time.  I hope you enjoy this enough to add it to your menu board! This recipe is certainly going on my Menu Board!  Oh!... that reminds me-- have you entered the giveaway for your very OWN made-to-your-liking MENU BOARD?  If not, please go here! And tell all your friends! NOW!  There is only one more week to enter, then the lucky winner will be announced!



Hawaiian Chicken
adapted from Lion House
printable recipe

3 large chicken breasts
flour
salt
cooking oil
1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 green pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
1/2 red pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
Cooked Rice

First take the chicken breasts and filet them into 2 or 3 thinner pieces.  Then I like to cut them in half so they are nice serving-size pieces.  I think this way they also become more tender during cook-time.  Roll chicken pieces in flour and sprinkle with salt.  Brown in oil.  Drain pineapple, reserving pineapple chunks, and pour juice into measuring cup.  Add water to make 1 1/2 cups.  Add honey, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and bouillon cube; bring to a boil.  Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Pour over chicken pieces in 9x13 glass baking dish.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 2o minutes.  Add pineapple chunks and peppers.  bake 5 minutes longer.  Serve with cooked rice. (I use minute rice)...
Makes 4-6 servings


Happy Cooking!

Teauna

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good!! I love sweet & sour - I want it now! Mmm yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try it! It looks yummy and I love almost anything chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo