Sunday, February 27, 2011

Menu Board Monday Edition #4- Savory Pork Roast

*Before reading any further, you need to go here to enter the drawing for the MENU BOARD! The winner will be drawn before 11:59pm February 28, 2011...*

A few years ago, my Grandma gave me a Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook, and I honestly haven't used it much.  I just don't use my crock pot like I should! When I opened my cookbook, in my Grandma's shakey handwriting says "Happy Birthday Teauna.  to the fairest of them all. Love Grandma J." Dang, I miss her and the twinkle in her eye. I miss her criticism.  I just miss her.  It's almost been a year since I last saw that twinkle in her eye. Wow, it's crazy how life goes on, isn't it? {big alligator tears :'( }
I have been looking for some easier recipes that come together quickly without too much fuss for Menu Board Monday, so I dug out the cookbook from Grandma...When I think of "easy", I think of a roast in the crock pot.  I love pork roasts.  I don't like them all doctored up, because I like to taste the pork, not the barbecue sauce, etc, etc, etc.  This recipe is a really simple one. It brings out the natural flavors of the pork and it is so tender that it just falls apart.   Five simple ingredients to a great dinner! I like to pair my pork roast with mashed potatoes and gravy and roasted broccoli.  Yummy!  And IF there are left-overs, I can enjoy a yummy pork roast sandwich for lunch the following day.  My mouth is watering.....and I have no leftovers! :(


Savory Pork Roast
adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It
printable recipe

4-5 lb pork loin roast
large onion, sliced
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. garlic powder

Place roast and onion in slow cooker.  Add bay leaf, soy sauce, and garlic powder.  Cover.  Cook on high 1 hour and then on Low 6 hours.  Slice and serve.

Happy Cooking!
Teauna

3 comments:

  1. I'm a follower, took your lil button and added it to my family blog, liked you on facebook, and for my board (if I was the lucky winner) ;) I would love one that has celery green and brown...the colors of my kitchen. The rest would be your creativity!!! I seriously love the menu board! It was come in to handy for my family!!! I just love all you do on your blog!!! Every meal I cooked this weekend was straight from your blog!!! I tell everyone I know about cupboard to cupboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! This looks so yummy and what a classic supper. It made my mouth water and I must go get something to put in a now grumbling tummy. Talk about comfort food!! Grandma would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasts too! Any kind really. They make the best Sunday dinners. It's what I usually do every Sunday! I will have to try this'n!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo