Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Jumbo Kiss


When I was a little girl, Valentine's Day morning was so much fun.  My Mom always made sure that there was something fun on the table with our breakfast.  It was either a box of chocolates with a Valentine or a special homemade treat like these Jumbo Kisses.  I have always remembered how special I felt on Valentine's Day morning as I opened up my treat.  It was just such a great feeling to be reminded that I was loved.:)  This is certainly a tradition that I've kept alive as I started a family.  And I find it to be so cute how my kids are now the ones anticipating what awaits them at the kitchen table on Sweethearts Day. 
There are so many different ways you could make these.  Try cocoa krispies for a chocolate kiss.  I like the pink kisses, because, let's face it.... I LOVE everything about Valentine's Day.
These can be made several days in advance as long as they're wrapped in plastic wrap, foil and stored in a cool, dry place.

Valentine's Jumbo Kiss
From Cupboard to Cupboard
printable recipe

1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 (16 oz) pkg lrg marshmallows
pink food coloring
6 cups crispy rice cereal

Melt margarine or butter and marshmallows over med-low heat, stirring constantly until melted.  Add food coloring, take off heat, and add cereal.  Stir together until all ingredients are well-combined.  Grease a funnel with PAM spray or butter.  Press the mixture into the funnel making sure it's solid.  Grease a piece of waxed paper and drop the "kiss" treat out onto the greased paper.  Let set until firm.  Wrap in plastic wrap, then tin foil.  You can make paper tags to stick into the top of the wrapped "kiss" as shown in picture... Share with those you love! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Happy Cooking!

Teauna

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Never thought of shaping krispie treats like a kiss. Gonna have to try that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I could make! I love the look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome are those?! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo