Sunday, March 20, 2011

Menu Board Monday Edition #7-- Tea's Chicken Pot Pie


Things have been so crazy around our neck of the woods, so I have done pretty much NO COOKING or Baking at all this week... the only thing I did do was put chicken in the crockpot the other day {like oodles of chicken} and cooked it all day.  Well needless to say, I cooked enough for an army, and an army we are NOT!  Although our chaos may sound like an army, the four of us just don't eat like one :)  So, to make a long story short, I had a huge container of fall-apart, tender, and mouth-watering chicken sitting in the fridge begging to be used! And to top things off, Mike will actually be home before midnight so he can sit down and have dinner with us! Yay!  Oh... and I HAD to bake something for MENU BOARD MONDAY!

I came up with this recipe when Mike and I were first married and it's always been one that's been thoroughly enjoyed in our house!  Of course, when I make it, I've always made two full 9x13 pans of it and froze one for later use! You can make it your own my adding your kind of veggies or even substituting turkey for the chicken. The topping is a biscuit-like topping, soft and yummy!  And of course, cheesy :)


Tea's Chicken Pot Pie
From Cupboard to Cupboard original recipe
printable recipe

MAKES 2 FULL 9X13 PANS

filling:
1 large can cream of chicken soup
2 packets chicken gravy mix
1 large soup can of water
4 cups chopped chicken
2 pkgs frozen veggies of your choice, cooked and drained

topping: (THIS IS PER PAN)
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
4 eggs
1 cup shredded cheese

Combine filling ingredients in order given.  Divide and pour into two 9x13 pans. 
Mix topping ingredients in order given and pour over filling in other dishes.  The topping will kind of blend in with your filling and is hard to spread.  Just do the best you can to spread it out. Don't fuss over it! Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

*Remember to make one in a freezer-safe container. Bake as directed then cool completely.  Freeze.  Pull it out of the freezer and heat 'er up when you're in a pinch!  OR SHARE WITH A FRIEND:)

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!
Teauna

7 comments:

  1. Normally I'm not a huge fan of Chicken Pot Pie but yours looks really tasty! I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm looks and sounds great! I love chicken pot pie. Now I'm craving it...thanks Teauna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy... will be trying this, this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. new fan coming from Centslessdeals please visit me at Andersons Angels (http://andersonsangels.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! I just love hearing from all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hi, I am a new follower of your blog:) I have just signed up for my 1st blog hop at Lamb around and saw your post for pumpkin scones - my daughter and I have fond memories of eating pumpkin scones so I clicked on your link and popped on over to visit you:) You can find me at http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ Nice to 'meet' another blogger:). Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo