Monday, September 28, 2009

CHOCOLATE DESSERT CUPS


So, I have been canning and life has been totally crazy!!! But last night, in the rush while making dinner and trying to figure out what I should make for dessert, a light bulb went off in my head! Hey! CHOCOLATE! So, I looked thru my freezer and came up with an idea! Imagine that! :-)

Here it is!

First, get a box of Puff Pastry Shells... I get the Pepperidge Farms brand and you can find them at any grocery store.


Follow the directions on the back to bake the Puff Pastry Shells...

* Preheat oven to 400

* Remove all wrapping. Place pastry shells on ungreased baking sheet with "top" up.

* Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and puffed

* Cool on wire rack 5 minutes

* Use table knife to remove "top" and soft pastry underneath.


While the pastry shells are in the oven, mix together a box (I used the large box) of your choice of flavor of pudding. I mixed together chocolate pudding! Yummy!

When your pastry shells are cooled and cleaned out, fill with pudding and top with whipping cream. Or use cool whip. Then garnish with the lid.

These are wonderful and so refreshing. My kids liked eating the pudding out of the center and using it as a bowl and refilling it. Then they ate the pastry.

I also thought they would be good with chopped up fresh fruit and whipping cream...


Happy Cooking!


*Teauna*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo