Thursday, October 8, 2009

SNICKERDOODLE CHEX MIX


I am a fan of anything with "chex mix" in it's title. I like to have 'healthier' mixes like this lying around for us all to snack on instead of candy. I must say this one is soooo good! I love anything with cinnamon-sugar... mmmmm and popcorn! So try this :-)


1/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 cups Chocolate Chex cereal

2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal

4 cups popped popcorn

1/4 cup butter


In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals and popped popcorn.

In a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup, microwave butter on high about 40 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stirring until evenly coated.

Microwave on high, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle half the sufar mixture evenly over cereal mixture, stir. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; stir. Microwave mixture for 1 minute longer. Spread on waxed paper or paper towels to cool. Store in an airtight container.


Yield: 16 (1/2 cup) servings.
Happy Cooking
*Teauna*

3 comments:

  1. my favorite kind of chex are the strawberry flavor! I was wondering how it would taste with those in place of the chocolate ones? Or the strawberry and chocolate might be quite yummy together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried the strawberry chex! I think I have a recipe for a mix with them tho. Let me look and get back to you! But I think anything with cinnamon and sugar is going to be good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes!! You can't go wrong with that combination. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo