Monday, November 16, 2009

**SNICKERDOODLES**


I was sitting here this morning trying to keep busy, so you can probably guess the first thing I did.... I BAKED COOKIES!!!! My husband got in an accident on his way home from Wyoming last night and he was going to access the damage on the car this morning and my anxiety was attacking me! Just one more thing to worry about for the HOLIDAYS!!! Grrrrr..... but I always feel better when I'm baking something so I'm guessing you can probably come to my house any day this week and find a variety of different goodies all over my kitchen counter, in the fridge, freezer, & even some scribbles on paper from trying something new. You just never know what I might have here :-)

Well, my family really really likes CHOCOLATE but sometimes it's nice to have something different... So SNICKERDOODLES it was!!! These cookies are about 3 inches in diameter and they are so puffy and insanely soft and chewy!!!! Soooo good! I have tried so many different snickerdoodle recipes and I think this one takes the trophy! And this recipe made a whole bunch! About 5 dozen! Give them a try!!!!


In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp ground cinnamon. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup softened butter and 2 1/2 cups sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 1/2 Tablespoons of water until fluffy. Add 6 cups flour, 2 teaspoons cream of tartar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix well. Shape dough by rounded Tablespoonfuls. I made them to look about the size of a walnut. Now drop in your reserved cinnamon sugar mixture and roll around to coat the ball of dough. Place on a cookie sheet. I didn't grease mine and they were fine. Bake 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.


ENJOY!!!


Happy Cooking!!!


*Teauna*

3 comments:

  1. I love snickerdoodles!!! Sorry about the wreck. Glad he's ok though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have just really enjoyed this recipe! They are so chewy and just the right amount of everything! The batch didn't last long here!
    Thanks Erica! It was scary but we're blessed that the car was the only thing 'injured'. So crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo