Thursday, January 28, 2010

**Toffee Almond Sandies**




You are going to LOVE these! These are my go-to when we're craving something besides Chocolate! I know, that doesn't seem possible, but sometimes around here it is possible... My mom and I used to spend alot of time making these cookies, as they were one of our favorites.


This recipe makes a large batch of cookies. I use a small cookie scoop and it makes around 12 dozen. I also tried a medium(#40) cookie scoop this time and they were nice too. With the medium cookie scoop you will get about 6 dozen cookies. These cookies are beautiful on a plate! The perfect neighbor treat... that is... if you can get them out of your house before they're gone!




1 cup butter ( no substitutes), softened


1 cup sugar


1 cup confectioners' sugar


1 cup vegetable oil


2 eggs


1 teaspoon almond extract


3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1 cup whole wheat flour


1 teaspoon baking soda


1 teaspoon cream of tartar


1 teaspoon salt


2 cups chopped almonds


1 package (6-8 oz) English toffee bits


Additional sugar




In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add oil, eggs and extract; mix well. Combine flours, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds and toffee bits. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.




Now when I used the small scoop I baked them for 10-12 minutes and when I used the medium scoop I baked the 12-14 minutes.




Remove from cookie sheets directly onto wire racks. Let cool and store in airtight containers...




Happy Cooking




Teauna

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen a recipe like this. They look absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these yesterday and they taste just like the ones you buy in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad you tried them! I think people may shy away from this recipe because it's unlike any other recipe I've ever seen! But it seems like everyone that tries it always makes it again! They've been one of my favorites for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll make them again for sure! I gave a couple of plates to neighbors and they liked them as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo