Sunday, February 7, 2010

** Peanut Butter Cookies**


My kids LOVE Peanut Butter Cookies! I like making them because they are simple and I love the look of a cookie with sugar on it! So, the other day as all the kids were playing I decided to try a recipe I hadn't tried before! This recipe comes from the Lion House Cookbook. The recipe says to drop by Tablespoonfuls, but I used my small cookie scoop because they're a much better size for the daycare kids!!! I ended up with TONS of cookies! I didn't count them because I was sending plates of them out with daycare kids and families but I'm thinking I got between 10-12 dozen! So, if you need to make some cookies to send to the school with your kids or take to a pot-luck... this is your recipe!

5 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup shortening
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup peanut butter

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter. Add flour mixture and stir until well blended. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Using fork dipped in flour, flatten each cookie slightly in a criss-cross pattern. (I used sugar instead of flour.) Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Do not overbake! Makes 5 dozen 3-inch cookies....

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking

Teauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo