Monday, March 8, 2010

Microwave Breakfast Ring


Since I was little, this has been a go-to recipe when a quick and easy breakfast is in order! This is a GREAT recipe for the kids to help with! My kids enjoy cutting the biscuits with kitchen scissors!


1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3-4 Tablespoons raisins (optional)
1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
8 oz can refrigerated biscuits

In a round glass microwaveable dish, combine first 4 ingredients. Microwave on high 35-45 secons or until butter/margarine is melted. Stir in raisins and/or nuts if wanted. Cut each biscuit into fourths and add to melted ingredients. Mix with fork until all biscuits are coated. Push the biscuits away from the center and place a microwaveable cup in the middle to form ring. I like to use a small canning jar like a jelly jar. Microwave on high uncovered for 4 minutes. Invert onto a plate or serving platter! Yummy!!!!


**The picture above shows how I make my ring.... in a glass microwaveable dish with a half-pint jelly jar in the middle to make the cute little circle :-)


CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE!

Happy Cooking

Teauna

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...these look easy. And I like easy! Think i'll try them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo