Saturday, April 24, 2010

**CHOCOLATE LOVERS DESSERT**


Alright.... I have to say this is one of my FAVORITE desserts... not only because it's so good and chock full of chocolate fudgey and gooey goodness, but because it is sooooooo easy! This is one of my go-to recipes in the summer when I cook in the Dutch Ovens! But it works just fine in your oven. If you have a 12-inch Dutch Oven.... use it!! If not, use a 4-5 qt. pot with a lid. You can use a Dutch Oven in your oven and it works just great. And for some reason, when ANYTHING is cooked in a Dutch Oven, it simply tastes better! I have an awesome 5 qt. enamilized Dutch Oven that I like to use.... my Mom gave it to me and I have LOVED it, so if you ever have an opportunity to purchase one, DO IT!!! You will not regret it!


If you are choosing to use a Dutch Oven... line it with aluminum foil. If you are using a pot, you can also line it with aluminum foil or you can just well-grease it! The aluminum foil just helps in the whole clean-up process. And with a Dutch Oven, that's always a plus right???


Now for the fun!


CHOCOLATE LOVERS DESSERT


Mix together:

1 1/2 cups water

1/4 cup cocoa

1 cup brown sugar


Pour in the prepared pot or Dutch Oven...


Now sprinkle 2/3 bag of Mini Marshmallows over top of chocolate mixture...


Mix a cake mix ( I like Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Mix) as directed on box. Pour over top of marshmallows.


Finally sprinkle with 1/2 cup + mini chocolate chips.


Bake at 375 covered for 30 minutes, then take off lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes. This will look kinda gooey because the marshmallows and the first mixture actually turn into a hot fudge. It can jiggle just a little bit, and be careful not to overbake it! Serve with vanilla ice cream while it's still warm! yummy!!!

This recipe will be requested by everyone again and again! ENJOY IT!!!


We will be revisiting this recipe when the warm weather comes and I will give you all the info on how to cook with charcoal! So FUN!!!!


Happy Cooking!

Teauna

6 comments:

  1. Good lord that looks amazing!! Wow I'm going to make this soon, diet be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good dutch oven recipe- that looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like my kind of desert! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come visit my blog, I have an award for you in this post

    http://casaenlacocina.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat recipe! I've never seen anything quite like this. My husband is a chocoholic and I am sadly turning into one (age? hormones? I don't even want to know...) so I will have to make this. Thanks for sharing!

    http://meatandpotatoesfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following for a while and have really enjoyed your blog. Last night I made this desert and I must tell you...... my first bite was hevenly!!!! In fact, I picked up my phone and called a girl friend to get her butt over and have some. It was way to oooy gooy yummy not to share! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo