Friday, March 26, 2010

Meatballs & Gravy served over a bed of Noodles


So, I posted a question on my facebook page asking what all my readers would like to see next on my blog... The answer was pretty one-sided! Casseroles and/or Side Dishes..

I thought about what I should post, I asked Mike and the kids what they wanted for dinner, I looked through so many cookbooks... and still did not feel real strong about any particular thing! Mike came in and started laughing at me when he saw the huge pile of cookbooks out on the table. I asked why he was laughing. His response to me was..."You haven't figured it out yet? Seriously dear, you never use a recipe for dinner! You're always just throwing things together! Just write down what you throw together for dinner tonight and post it! I like it and I'm a pain to cook for, so maybe they'll all like it too!"

So... I thought about it and realized that he is DEAD ON!!!! No kidding! I'm always throwing together dinner... very seldom ever using a recipe! So, I took Mike's advice and here is your recipe for our last night's dinner.


This recipe could easily be halved! I tend to cook large dinners so that I have left-overs to throw in the freezer for Mike's meals when he goes to work...:-)


Meatballs & Gravy served over a bed of Egg Noodles


An original from fromcupboardtocupboard

For the Meatballs:

2 pounds hamburger, thawed

2 eggs, slightly beaten

2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs

2/3 cup milk


Mix all ingredients well and form into meatballs. Use a large cookie scoop for uniform meatballs. (This made 22 meatballs just bigger than a golf ball.) Season with salt & pepper. Brown meatballs over medium heat in a large skillet. When meatballs are browned, place them on a plate covered with a paper towel. Drain all grease out of pan. (I like to rinse it well with water to get rid of all the excess grease :-)) Place the meatballs back in the pan and cover with the following gravy mixture.


For the gravy:

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1 soup can of water

2 packets of brown gravy mix

2/3 cup milk

A sprinkle of garlic salt(I like California Style)


Mix all ingredients until well combined and pour over meatballs. Simmer on low until you're ready to eat dinner!!!


Cook a package of noodles as directed on the package. I like to use wide egg noodles. Serve the meatballs and gravy over the prepared noodles!!!


Happy Cooking


Teauna


8 comments:

  1. I am going to try this for sure it looks like a yummy comfort food for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be a hit for my hubbys lunches too :) I had to laugh as yesterday I, too, had a mountain of cookbooks out and had a similar conversation with my husband. I never follow recipes either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know my family would love this! The kids love meatballs! Will be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it!! very easy and good!! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gravy looks so delicious with the meatballs! I have never tried this one. Thanks for a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this for supper today! It's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good and enjoyed even by the picky one! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making this tonight for dinner for me and hubby. Already have the ingredients in the house. Bon Appetite!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo