Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Neiman Marcus Cookies


I'm sure you've all heard the famed story about these cookies. You know, the woman that tried them and asked if she could buy the recipe and they told her it would cost her "Two Fifty". So she handed the waitress her credit card and when she got her bill noticed it was $250.00 not $2.50 so she then made it known that noone else would ever have to pay that again, as she was going to share it with the world!


Whether this story is true or not, I'm thankful for this recipe! I love it! Talk about some yummy cookies!! These remind me of more of an "Adult" chocolate chip cookie. However, the kids don't have a problem gobbling them up. I like the way the oatmeal is ground and added to the dry ingredients. It gives a good nutty flavor with the texture of whole oatmeal. And of course, for my picky family, I practically grind the nuts to a find powder too so they can't detect them :-) I hope you enjoy them like I do!




Neiman Marcus Cookies

2 1/2 cup rolled oats
2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use the mini ones)
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Blend the oats in a food processor or blender to a find powder. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats with flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Cream butters and sugars until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually mix in flour mixture, just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Roll the dough into 2 oz balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned and set on the outside but still look a bit undone in the middle. Don't overbake or they will be crumbly...

Yields: 30 cookies


Happy Cooking!

Teauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo