Friday, August 13, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cookies

If you like soft, moist, CHOCOLATE cookies, raise your hand!! Everyone in my house has their hands raised! Besides, who has a bunch of zucchini to use? I DO!!! This time of year, it seems like we all try our hardest to find some inventive ways to use our zucchini. It's just such a versatile vegetable and I always think I'm so tricky when my "picky" one enjoys every single bite, not knowing he is eating a VEGETABLE!!! ha ha!! Got him again! These cookies look so chocolatey and it really isn't obvious that they're filled with zucchini! I think if you like nuts, they would be good with 1/2 cup chopped walnuts... and I also think they'd be really yummy with a simple chocolate frosting! Make this recipe your own!

Believe me, I will be posting many many more recipes using zucchini!

This recipe yields 4 dozen with a small cookie scoop....

Before you start baking these scrumptious cookies, go here to enter to win the Cast Iron Bread Pan! Last day to enter!

Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
adapted by fromcupboardtocupboard
printable recipe

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups zucchini, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients and gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix in zucchini until just mixed. Using a small cookie scoop, place dough on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. *They do spread a bit* Bake 8-10 minutes. Mine baked perfect in 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. ENJOY!


Happy Cooking!!!

Teauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo