Thursday, November 25, 2010

UCreateFoods Dad Does Dinner Challenge #1-- Mike's Favorite Breakfast Pizza



Mike & his favorite breakfast pizza!
 Have you visited UCreate Foods?  I LoVe, love, LOVE it!  Such an amazing site done so well!  Tyra has such a knack of writing and I enjoy all of her advice, ideas, & insight!  Well, on October 30th, she introduced a "Dad Does Dinner Challenge" on her blog!  Of course, all I could think was "I wonder if he would really do it?" Well, it's pretty obvious that I'm the one that does all most of the cooking in our home.  Bradey {my cute 11 yr old boy} likes to make his own macaroni and cheese and ramen noodles rather often.  Makenzie {my adorable 9 yr old girl} loves to help with everything!  But Mike... ummmm.... well he's not interested in doing anything but eating it!  So, you could probably understand how shocked I was when I timidly brought this challenge up to him and he was totally game for it!  I was so shocked I nearly fell to the floor. . .
Well for those of you who know me, you probably are aware that Mike works 200 miles away from home.  That means he sacrifices his time to drive 400 round-trip miles to support our family!  And I have to say... I am soooo grateful for him!  In these times, it's hard to find a job, and after being laid off at his previous job in August 2008, he took the first job he could get his hands on, no matter the sacrifice.  Anyway.... I guess what I'm getting at is that I feel that one way I can show him my appreciation for him, and also make him feel more at home, so it's easier to be gone from home for 3 days at a time, is to prepare meals for him to take.
Every Thursday I dedicate my day to making Mike's meals.  Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.  Of course, this week he gets leftover Thanksgiving for lunch and dinner, but for breakfast he wanted my famous breakfast pizza, his favorite.  So this was the perfect time for me to get him in the kitchen and enter in the Dad Does Dinner Challenge.  This is just a simple recipe that we all enjoy!  Of course you can change it up to your liking!  If you do, let me know what you do and how you liked it!
Make sure you go to UCreateFoods and visit Tyra!  Tell her I sent you!  Put your hubby in the kitchen and let him do dinner! :)

Mike's Favorite Breakfast Pizza
A From Cupboard to Cupboard original
printable recipe

2 tubes refrigerated biscuits
1 lb sausage (your favorite variety)
6 eggs
3 Tbsp water or milk
pinch salt
pinch pepper
1- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I prefer pizza blend)

Lightly grease or spray a 9x13 or brownie sheet pan (1/4 sheet pan).  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brown sausage. Whisk eggs with water or milk in small bowl.  Add egg mixture to browned sausage in frying pan and scramble until cooked thru.  Set aside.  Lay out biscuits in prepared pan and press all biscuits together.  Sprinkle sausage/egg mixture over biscuit crust.  Sprinkle {or cover} with shredded cheese.  Bake @ 400 degrees for 13-17 minutes or until top appears golden.  I bake mine 17 minutes because Mike likes his well-done :)... Let cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.  Cut in squares and serve!

Happy Cooking!

Teauna {and Mike :) }

*Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY.... 'tis the season for giving*

4 comments:

  1. How CUTE is he?

    Great job, Mike...Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike and Tea, This was very yummy. Trenton absolutely loved it. I made it for dinner last night and through the whole meal, he was hmm, hmm!! Finally a pizza he likes!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Mike that I am so very impressed. He did a great job - looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike in the kitchen? Without his mouth full?? Tell him I am so very impressed. He did a great job - looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo