Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Menu Board Monday Edition # 17: Chicken Alfredo & Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches

Hello everyone!  And happy Tuesday! I know, I know... it's almost Wednesday and I'm already late on posting Menu Board Monday... again!  This whole busy summer thing is killin' me!  I feel like it's been forever since I've posted on my blog, but the time has flown by and I haven't had the chance 'til now to get something on here!  Of course, as I'm baking or throwing a meal in the pot for dinner, I take pictures with great intentions, but then, I. Fall. Asleep.  For the last three nights, I have woke up half-way thru the night on the living room floor.  I'll sit down with the kids for a moment to relax and I'm OUT for the count!  So, there you have it... my excuse: SLEEP! I can't seem to get enough!
For those of you that keep up with my blog, you know that I make my significant other's meals for the time he goes to work.  Well, his shift changed a little while back and he is now gone for a week at a time.  So, that means, I make 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners, & morning and night snacks for 7 days. Thursdays used to be the dreaded day. Now it's Mondays. They never have been my favorite day...but now... ICK! Don't get me wrong... it's not that I don't enjoy cooking and baking. It's just that 7 days worth all at once gets real tiring and REALLY HOT in the kitchen!
So this week, my brain is already baffled with the dinner to cater and the wedding cake to be made and delivered, so I didn't want to think too hard about meals.  So... as I was walking thru Sam's Club, I passed the Rotisserie Chickens.  Then I turned on my back-up beaper and returned to the Rotisserie Chickens.  You know, for $5, you can take home a perfectly-seasoned, slow roasted, large-for-a-chicken size chicken.  I bought TWO! I mean, seriously.... my time saved is well-worth that $5 spent on a chicken!  The wheels inside my head were turning and I came up with all sorts of ideas of how I could use them!
I decided to shred one and add barbeque sauce, sending a bag of rolls for shredded barbequed chicken sandwiches... and to make some alfredo sauce, adding some shredded chicken and pouring it over cooked pasta.  Of course, you can't forget the crispy, garlic bread! Oh how I LoVe garlic bread!  Anyhow... as most of you already know... I do make dinner. OFTEN, actually.  But I have this HUGE problem with just throwing things together.  My alfredo sauce is one of those things! I'll try to interpret the recipe to you.  Hope I don't confuse the hell out of ya!  If I do... I'm sorry!  I'll try to be better;)

Barbeque Chicken Sandwich
From Cupboard to Cupboard

1 Rotisserie chicken
1 bottle of Kraft Honey barbeque sauce
yummy rolls

Shred your chicken.  I shred it with my hands then use two forks to pull it apart.  Poor the barbeque sauce over it and stir well to combine.  Put on your roll and there you have dinner!  YUMMY!


Chicken Alfredo
From Cupboard to Cupboard

meat from 1/2 rotisserie chicken (I like the breast meat:) )
pasta of choice, cooked as directed on package

1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 cube butter
1 1/2 cups or so of chicken broth (or just use a can)
1 pint heavy cream
1/4-1/2 cup shredded parmesan
sprinkle of onion salt
sprinkle of garlic salt ( I use california style )

For the sauce: melt cream cheese and butter in medium pot over medium heat.  When completely melted, slowly whisk is chicken broth.  Whisk real well to combine.  Add remaining ingredients, turn to low and simmer.  It will thicken in about 5-10 minutes.  Cook and drain pasta. Shred chicken... add shredded chicken to sauce and pour over drained pasta.  Serve with garlic bread! :) Enjoy! 

* Sometimes I add about 2 oz of velveeta, cubed.. or shredded sharp cheddar cheese just for a stronger cheese flavor.  Change it up as you please! It's so good!


Happy Cooking!

Teauna

2 comments:

  1. Both of these recipes look so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teauna, your Sam's Club rotisserie chicken recipes are simply delicious. Here's another Pulled BBQ Chicken alternative from our files - http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/recipes/pulled-bbq-chicken-sandwiches-recipe - and check out our "7 ways" recipes since you appreciate how to mix it up! – Mille @ Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo