Monday, June 23, 2014

Broccoli, Cauliflower & BACON Salad

Because everything is better with bacon. Right? And as long as it is called a salad, it's healthy. Right? Well, maybe not. But it's okay to pretend for a minute. After all, vegetables are a food group and....bacon is a food group. Oh hey! Cheese is in the dairy food group. So far I'm doing rather swell. :)

This is my entire family's most requested salad. Weird, actually. But it's okay that they want it because then I get to enjoy it more often as well. This salad is simple to make and the sweet dressing really makes it so tasty! Broccoli and cauliflower are my two least favorite vegetables, but I could eat them in rather large amounts in this salad. I have seen many variations of this salad on the internet and at pot luck dinners.  I like this simple version because...well, we are simple folk around here. The vegetables are still crunchy, the bacon is crisp, and the parmesan cheese just adds that amazing flavor. Now I'm hungry for another bowl!

Whip yourself up a batch. I promise you won't be sorry!


Broccoli, Cauliflower & Bacon Salad
Recipe from my momma

1 head cauliflower, diced
3 to 4 bunches broccoli, diced
1 red onion, diced (I don't add this. My family rebels)
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
12 oz parmesan cheese

Dressing:
1 c mayo
3/4 cup sugar
4 Tbs vinegar

Combine veggies. Prepare dressing by combining the salad dressing, sugar and vinegar.  Just before serving, add the dressing, bacon and cheese.  So very good!

I hope you all enjoy this salad recipe as much as we do. I usually make at least a double recipe since this is the ONE salad recipe my entire family loves!

Happy Cooking
Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo