Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is, perhaps, one of the best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes I have baked... Such beautiful cookies that are crisp on the outside and so ooey and gooey on the inside. I have to admit that I have this thing that I will only use Nestle Toll House Chocolate chips... as I am a chocolate chip cookie snob. I should be ashamed to admit this, but... no.

I remember one night after just being married, I had a horrible dream that the grocery stores had all closed off their Nestle Toll House chocolate chip isle with huge pieces of wood and tons of nails! A TRUE NIGHTMARE it was! I ran to the store that morning and I think I spent a good $50 on chocolate chips so I would be prepared if this ever happened. So crazy I know, but this just proves to you what a C.C. Cookie snob I am! :-) (I'm really not kidding..)

This recipe will be one of the tops on our list now... I hope you enjoy it too!


1 3/4 cups butter, softened (do not use margarine!)

1 3/4 cups brown sugar

1 1/4 cups sugar

4 eggs

5 1/2 Tablespoons water

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

6 1/4 cups flour

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 pkg semi-sweet MINI NESTLE TOLL HOUSE CHOC. CHIPS :-)


Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, water, and vanilla and mix until nice and creamy. Add flour, salt and baking soda to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfulls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. This recipe made 6 dozen 3 1/2 inch cookies.


*I used a small cookie scoop but heaped it over. You could surely make smaller cookies, just cook them for less time. Small cookie scoop cookies should be done at 8 minutes or so...


Happy Cooking


Teauna

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny!! I love the mini morsels. I use them all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo