Saturday, April 3, 2010

Seafood Pasta Salad


Ever since I was a little girl, my Grandma Kay has made the BeSt Macaroni Salad EVER!!! When you ask her what she puts in that salad, she always says "Everything but the kitchen sink!". My Grandma is an amazing cook and I enjoy trying to mimick those same flavors that I have eaten at her home for a long time. This recipe is my closest attempt to Grandma's "Everything but the Kitchen Sink Salad"... I hope you also enjoy it! MMMMM mmmmm Good!



Pasta & Crab Salad
an original recipe by fromcupboardtocupboard


1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or sald dressing

3/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing

6 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese

1 16 oz pkg frozen green peas, thawed, rinsed & drained

8 ounces Rottini pasta, cooked, rinsed & drained

8 ounces chopped imitation crabmeat

1/2 cup chopped green peppers, optional

1/2 cup chopped tomato, optional

1/4 cup sliced green onion, optional


Combine mayonnaise, Italian salad dressing and cheese in large bowl; blend bowl. Add peas, pasta, crabmeat, pepper, tomato, & onions; toss gently to mix. Cover & refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Makes a large bowl of salad great for serving a crowd...



Happy Cooking!

Teauna

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy, although, I would leave out the crab meat. We're not big fans of it around here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo