Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MONSTER COOKIES


You ask, "Why are they called monster cookies?"... well, I think there are several ways to answer that question. One answer may be "Well, considering this recipe makes approximately 32 dozen cookies, it is a MONSTER batch!". Or perhaps, I could answer "Have you ever seen the cute little blue cookie monster on Sesame Street? Well, I feel as crazy as him when these cookies are placed in front of me... Just call me the cookie MONSTER!" Any way you look at it, MONSTER COOKIES is a deserving title! You could certainly 1/2 this recipe, but I prefer to make the whole recipe and freeze a bunch of the dough in logs so that it can be taken out of the freezer, cut and baked when you're in a pinch. I love to use the cute seasonal M&M's in these cookies. Because I had never baked the whole batch at once, I actually did that yesterday just so I could let you know how many cookies to expect to make. So 32 dozen it was!!! Enjoy!




Monster Cookies

12 eggs
2 lbs brown sugar
4 cups white sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. karo syrup
8 tsp. baking soda
1 lb butter, no substitutes
3 lbs peanut butter ( I used 2 lbs creamy and 1 lb crunchy)
18 cups quick oatmeal
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 bags M&M's


Mix in order. Drop by small cookie scoop onto SILPAT lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (9 mins was perfect for me)Do NOT overbake! Can press dough into logs, wrap tightly and freeze. Just cut and cook when needed...



Happy Cooking!

Teauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo