Thursday, September 2, 2010

The BEST Chocolate Chip Muffins


When I think of muffins, I think of a yummy comforting breakfast. I also think that a muffin is an excuse to eat dessert for breakfast. I have so many recipes for muffins, but I really like the ones that use staple ingredients. I try really hard to not make daily trips to the grocery store! But when I'm up in the morning watching kids at 5 am, I can't really go to the store either. So, I always choose the recipes that I have everything for. These muffins are like eating a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast! I like to use mini chocolate chips because they distribute more evenly and your muffin is chock full of chocolatey goodness! Oh boy!


The BEST Chocolate Chip Muffins

adapted by From Cupboard to Cupboard
printable recipe
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 chocolate chips (I like semi-sweet mini choco chips)
Preheat oven to 375 and line a 12-hole cupcake pan with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, powder, soda & salt in large bowl. Make a well in the middle. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, butter, milk and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into the well of the dry mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until they bounce back when you touch the top of the cakes. Immediately remove onto wire rack to cool. Yummy!
Happy Cooking!
Teauna

2 comments:

  1. These look SO GOOD!! My daughter would be beyond excited if I gave her anything chocolate chip for breakfast!! We've got out of town guests coming next week for a visit, I think I'll make some of these for us all next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea...My family thoroughly enjoyed them! I think they'd be ideal for a crowd... How could you NOT like them?
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo