Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

May I introduce to you....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
--------------------------------------------------------------------



These babies deserve a standing ovation!  I have to be honest.  The chocolate/peanut butter combination has never been one that makes me weak in the knees.  I mean, don't get me wrong... I like it and all.  It's just never been my favorite.  Well, my dears... that opinion is no longer!  Especially if the combination of chocolate and peanut butter comes in the form of THESE cupcakes!  The cake is good and moist and oh so chocolatey and the frosting.... O! M! G!  It is to.die.for!  Am I coming across loud and clear here?  Well, if that isn't enough to take your breath away, how about the wonderful peanut butter ball baked into the cupcake? Huh?  Now, what are you thinkin'?  Yeah!  That's right! Go make them NOW!  They're calling your name aren't they?  Well, I have a dozen in the fridge... and they're calling mine!   I won't lie:)

I sure hope you enjoy these! 
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
adapted by From Cupboard to Cupboard
original recipe by Annie's Eats
printable recipe

For the Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
4 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla

For the Cake:
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs

For the frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:

Preheat the over to 350 degrees.  Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. 

To make the filling, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in a bowl.  Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.  Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls (at least 24)... I used a small cookie scoop to make them all even:)  and set aside on a baking sheet.  I put mine in the refrigerator until I needed them.

To make the cake batter, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk together and set aide.  In a liquid measuring cup, stir together the sour cream, milk and vanilla.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium-high speed untl light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed.  With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.  Mix just until incorporated.

Spoon a tablespoon or two of batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner.  Place a ball of the peanut butter filling in each cupcake well and top with the remaining batter so that all the cups are filled.  Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until smooth.  Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, beating until smooth and well blended.  Mix in the whipped topping until smooth and fluffy.  Frost cooled cupcakes as desired!  (I use the Wilton 2D tip)



Happy Cooking!
Teauna

Pin It
I have joined these link parties:


Jam Hands





13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those cupcakes look so amazing. Amazing. Bookmarking this asap. :) I am hosting a recipe party at my blog if you might be interested in submitting. I'd love to have you join in the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I heart peanut butter and chocolate. A lot. So these cupcakes are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those cupcakes look amazing! I'll definitely have to try them one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! And your Spaghetti Salad looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Boy! These seem amazing and I am most definitely going to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful! Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Chocolate and peanut butter are my 2 fav things mixed together!
    Thanks for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Man!! These look amazing!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, they do deserve a standing o! Beautiful cupcake! I'm usually not big on chocolate cake or cupcakes, but with that pb filling, you've certainly got me drooling! I am your newest follower, so glad I found your site!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. O. M. G. I want one right now!! Those look absolutley decadent. I would be a huge hit at work if I made these for my co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this. Mouth watering cupcakes. Thanks for sharing recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just can't go wrong with PB and chocolate, these cupcakes look mouthwatering. I've featured this recipe on my blog, hoping that you don't mind, but if you do, please contact me and I'll remove it. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo