Friday, August 19, 2011

A trip down Memory Lane... Spaghetti Salad

When I was a little girl I used to love to watch everyone cook.  I would absorb every little detail of what they were doing into my brain.  When we would go to family parties, my Grandma Kay always made the wonderful salads... potato salad, macaroni salad, & this spaghetti salad were always my favorites.  I sat and watched Grandma make this salad many times.  It always amazed me how easy it was and and it tasted soooo good. Before she added the vegetables,  I always got a little bowl to eat to "make sure it tasted okay".  Of course, it was always perfect! It's especially yummy in the summer when you can add fresh produce from your garden.  Anything you like, really... I think this salad is the perfect compliment to a yummy grilled steak...

Spaghetti Salad
recipe from Grandma Kay
adapted by From Cupboard to Cupboard

Spaghetti Noodles, cooked & drained
Italian dressing
Salad Supreme seasoning
Vegetables of choice, prepared

Cook and drain spaghetti noodles.  Let cool.  Add Italian dressing until all noodles are coated well.  Add Salad Supreme.  It takes quite a bit.  Stir up and combine really well.  Add your prepared veggies.  I like to slice olives and cucumbers(peeled). I also seed and chop tomatoes.  But zucchini works real well too :) Chill, serve and enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Teauna

2 comments:

  1. Its a happy day to have this kind of salad. I love this one. Maybe I'll take the recipe and I make a try to cook this. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We love cold pasta salads. I think I would throw in some chunks of mozzarella cheese too. One question though, where do you get Salad Supreme seasoning?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo