Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tea's BEST Brownies

I am so sorry that I've been missing.  I have certainly not been missing from my kitchen... yet, have had no time to get any recipes on here.  I've been very busy with special orders and have loved every minute, but I have missed my blog dearly. 
This week, we lost a very dear member of our family.  My Grandma Kay passed away.  I have been so fortunate to be able to have learned so many valuable lessons in the kitchen from my Grandma.  Grandma was the head cook at the local Senior Citizen's Center and I always enjoyed watching her cook there.  If she had time, she would let me stand on the chair next to her as she was throwing things into the pot.  I do believe I inherited the "throw it in the pot" method from Grandma Kay.  Throw it in... taste it.... add something.... add something else... simmer...eat!  And you guys wonder why it's so hard for me to share recipes for dinner... I don't use recipes :)  I have spent alot of time talking with my Grandma about canning and I now carry on her traditions of bottling hot vegetables, salsa, & dill pickles.  I loved sharing them with her and Grandpa and seeing her smile and tell me they looked just like hers.... And she loved dill pickles!  :)
When I knew I was making a trip to Malad, I liked to take treats out to Grandma and Grandpa, as she wasn't baking much anymore and they enjoyed their occasional treats... these brownies are one of those treats I've made since I was a little girl and have shared them many times with my Grandma and Grandpa.  I will certainly miss Grandma Kay, our phone conversations and her cooking expertise.  I am grateful to have had her in my life...

My Grandma with her youngest great-grandchild, my brother's baby... Dane in January 2011




I am a fan of cake brownies... these are cakey yet chewy and fudgy too... they're just plain good and soooo easy!  Try them... you'll like 'em! :)


Tea's BEST Brownies
From Cupboard to Cupboard

2 cubes soft butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 c cocoa
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar together.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Add chocolate chips.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.  Let cool completely before cutting!

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Teauna


I have joined these linkie parties:

Jam Hands






4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Grandma. She was a neat lady. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a recipe I am going to try. I made your Alfredo sauce this week, and oh my goodness, best I've made to date.
    I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma Kay. I always liked your Grandpa and Grandma Williams. You are in my thoughts. Love, Hil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos... wonderful recipe!!!


    Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you d0. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. I too just lost my grandma it was a year ago, she was 92 and my very best friend. She was straight from Italy and like you I have fond cooking memories with my grandma. Wearing her apron was always my favorite! I kept my 2 favorites after she passed. Sounds like your keeping her memory alive through your love of cooking. I love all you recipes and come here often for dinner ideas, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo