Sunday, August 7, 2011

Yet another photo album.....

Hey there!   I was taking some pictures off my camera and thought I'd share with you what I was working on this past week.  I am having so much fun doing all these fun and oh-so-different cakes...

I made this cake for my bestie's birthday... We have this little tradition of going to the reservoir and playing in the water and sharing a fun picnic... this year, I added a cake!  A Neopolitan layer cake with Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream filling and Fudge Frosting.  Oh! Boy!! This one was yummy!
 And this one was a single tier topsy turvy cake for a 6 year old little girl's birthday!  It was chocolate cake with strawberry buttercream icing and fondant.  I thought it turned out pretty cute and I hear she really liked it :)
 I have been working on the gum paste flowers for this cake for quite some time.  Shereen's colors were pale pink and bright purple.  She had pink roses and stephanotis flowers.  I was able to make both flowers from gum paste to match her real flowers and I really enjoyed it!  Talk about my kind of therapy!  They served their entire cake. So it was HUGE!  The bottom tier 16", the middle 12", and the top 8". It was a white almond sour cream cake with strawberry swiss meringue buttercream filling and covered in fondant. The one word to heed was "Elegant" and I think that look was accomplished!


This is a close-up of the bottom 2 tiers.  I added some piping to the middle tier to set it apart from the others.  
 The top tier was so fun!  I loved seeing all of the gum-paste flowers come together in a beautiful bouquet.  And to think they weren't going to wilt during their delivery eased my mind.  And to top it all off... they looked just like the flowers there at the wedding!  *sigh of relief*
 One of my great friends was baptised last weekend and it was such a special day.  I took over A BUNCH of cupcakes, some sugar cookie bars, and this double tier carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!  Very neat day for a very special person! :)

So there you have it!  Another photo album.  Wish I would've remembered to take a picture of the cupcakes.  But I'm sure I'll be making more soon! 

Happy Cooking!

Teauna

3 comments:

  1. Your brownies look heavenly! And sorry to hear about your Grandma. My heart goes out to you and yours. As for the cakes...they are all so pretty. You're pretty awesome Miss Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and great taste, really awesome! Good job.. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo