Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tea's Fried Zucchini


Fried Zucchini is one of my favorite summertime dishes!  I try to tell myself that it's okay to eat a bunch because it's a vegetable, right?  I use this method to bread chicken, chicken-fried steaks, mozzarella sticks, pretty much anything deep-fried.  You get the picture right?  It's really not hard and there's not much to it.  No specific measurements and you can change it up to your liking by adding your own spices....or, just leaving it like this!

I like to call this my 3-dip method....

First: Rinse your zucchini.  Cut it into even 1/4 inch slices.  Set aside...
Now prepare your breading station....
Plate #1... Put approximately 1/2 cup flour and add some seasoning salt and garlic powder...
Large Bowl... Beat 2 eggs.  Add approximately 1 cup of milk or buttermilk and mix together...
Plate #2... Put 1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs and 1/2 cup panko crumbs on plate and mix...

Heat your oil to 350 degrees.  I have a deep fat fryer that keeps the oil at a constant temperature. If you don't have one, then make sure and use a thermometer.  You don't want to burn these beauties do you?

Place your zucchini slices in the flour mixture first.  You want the zucchini to be coated in the flour.  Now dip the pieces in the milk mixture.  Don't leave them in. I like to do them one at a time to save the flour from settling on the bottom.  Make sure both sides are coated evenly. Then take them out and place them in the crumb mixture.  Press the crumbs onto the zucchini, turning them over to ensure all are coated well!
Place in the preheated oil and fry until golden brown.  Take out and place on a plate covered with paper towels to drain any excess oil.  Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.  I like ranch dressing or cocktail sauce.
Enjoy!
...Because I did :)

Happy Cooking!

Teauna

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo