Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bradey's Birthday Alfredo Pasta Bake


O.....M.....G!!!!!!   Talk about being crazy busy lately!  I apologize for my absence....AGAIN!  I have so many blog posts in the making, and haven't finished ONE of them!  I've been working on some cake decorating "how-to" posts, some yummy dessert recipe posts, and a homemade donut post!  Believe me, they're all in the making, just trying to find the time to get them finished! 

Back to this recipe!  Bradey's favorite food is macaroni and Cheese...by FAR!  He loves pasta, cheese, and of course he prefers homemade over the boxed kind anyday, but he is pretty stinkin' good at whipping himself up a boxed mac and cheese for breakfast, lunch or dinner if he's feeling like it! 

For Bradey's birthday, I asked him what he wanted for dinner (I already knew the answer)!  Of course, he wanted homemade mac and cheese and pie!  His dad's birthday was three days later and we planned on having a combined birthday party for them and my parents were coming out to celebrate with us!  So, we were doing simple for Bradey's birthday and then having a big dinner with cake and ice cream when everyone got here!

Well, considering we live out in the middle of NOWHERE now, I have to use my creative side much more and cook out of my pantry!  Our grocery bill  has been AWESOME since I can not just go to the store anytime I'd like.  When I'm in the mood to bake or cook, I have to CREATE what I'm in the mood for!  It's been so darn fun! 

This is one of those "Creations" and the whole family raved about it!  Like I've said before, I'm not one for pasta, but I actually enjoyed it!  I added chicken to it to make it a complete meal, but it would be great served with chicken nuggets or even fried chicken!

Bradey's Birthday Alfredo Pasta Bake
an original by From Cupboard to Cupboard

24 oz bag rotini pasta
15 oz jar alfredo sauce
26 oz can cream of mushroom soup
10 oz can chicken
shredded cheese

Cook your pasta as directed on package.  Add alfredo sauce, soup and canned chicken to the pasta.  Pour into a 9x13 (greased) baking dish.  Cover with shredded cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees until cheese is bubbled and brown on top. 

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Teauna

3 comments:

  1. I just finished making this and it turned out great! I will definitely be making this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not wait to try this! My kiddos LOVE Alfredo and chicken. Sounds amazing! You have made a new follower out of me... I have been reading your past blog post for almost 2 hours now! I really want to make the strawberry lemonade cupcakes! Thanks for the great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo