Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Banana Bread Recipe


As I was stumbling thru the dark kitchen this morning with my eyes half-closed, the smell of over-ripe bananas screamed to me..." we need to be used! DUH!!!" So, I turned on the porch light and unlocked the door for the daycare peoples and stumbled back thru the kitchen. Once again, I was reminded of the need to use those bananas. I must admit, they sure smell good when they're that ripe. I asked Mike if he would rather muffins, cookies, pancakes, bread, etc. and he told me that banana bread is always top on his list! So I decided to try a new banana bread recipe! I love my mom's banana bread recipe and have never been keen on trying any new recipe for banana bread. I've had no need to do so! But, when you have a foodie blog containing recipes, it seems you kind-of find yourself going outside the box every now and again! :-) This is one of those times and I was pleasantly surprised! Of course, every recipe out of the Lion House Cookbook that I have tried has been nothing but wonderful! And this one is no exception!



Lion House Banana Nut Bread
printer-friendly version
6 lg or 8 medium bananas, very ripe (I used 12 small)
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Grease & flour 2 large loaf pans (I used 8 small loaf pans); set aside. Peel bananas and place in large mixing bowl; mash bananas well. Add eggs, sugar, and oil; mix until well blended. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Add to banana mixture. Mix until blended. Add nuts and mix briefly. Overmixing will cause tunnels and a coarse texture. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 2 loaves. (I made 8 small loaves and baked them for a full hour. They came out perfect!)


Happy Cooking!

Teauna

6 comments:

  1. Hey cute girl!! I put a recipe in my notes on FB for Banana Maple cookies! I love to find new ways to use up ripened bananas! This sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'll check it out! I tried one last week and it wasn't worth posting!:-( But Banana Maple Cookies sound AMAZING! Thanks! I'll let you know when I try them! :-) Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy! to bad i only have 2 ripe bannana's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I used all mine yesterday! But I do have some banana bread... I should've brought you in a loaf, huh?! What was I thinking? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how come some of your recipes i can do the print version of thema and some i cant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bread looks amazingly delicious! I've made many recipes of but this seems the best with a plethora of bananas and love those walnuts! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo