Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting




I think I'm safe in saying that FALL has arrived!  What comes to mind when you think of fall?  Is it the gorgeous changing colors of the trees on the mountains?  Or perhaps the feel of the cool crisp air at night and the frosty windows in the mornings?  Of course, there's always the fall flavors like apple, pumpkin, peaches, cinnamon and spices!  Mmmmmm.... the warm comfort foods.  Well, this recipe is WONDERFUL!  It is the ideal recipe to share with others for fall.  Or better yet, just keep them to yourself! :)

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
original recipe from Joy of Baking
adapted by From Cupboard to Cupboard
printable recipe

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
2 lg eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla

frosting:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 T butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners.  In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.  In another large bowl, whisk eggs until lightly beaten.  Add sugar and melted. Blend well. Stir in pumpkin, water and vanilla.  Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir just until ingredients combine.  Divide batter among prepared cups.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Immediately place on wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
For frosting... beat cream cheese and butter until light and creamy.  Add vanilla and powdered sugar.  I added cinnamon for that extra bit of spice.  It was just the right touch...:)


Happy Cooking!
Teauna

3 comments:

  1. these look really really really good! Must get pumpkin soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! I am so glad that fall is coming and we can switch gears to start making all the yummy fall comfort foods :)
    PS- Thanks for stopping by me blog the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh yum, you do have a pumpkin recipe up! I am copying down the recipe so I can give it a try. I have been debating what to make first this season, I LOVE pumpkin anything.

    I also hope you don't mind that I put you on my blog (http://jamminfromthehearth.blogspot.com/ ) as a blog I follow and it will show a link to yours and the first line from your most recent post. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo